2. Earlier this year we partnered with Commissioner Julie Menin and the New York City Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment to launch the “One Book, One New York” program, a new initiative to get everyone in NYC to read the same book at the same time. Five celebrities selected five books for all New Yorkers to choose from during the month of February, and today we’re pleased to announce our winner: Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
4. Here with a special message for all of New York is the author herself:
6. Click here to learn more about the “One Book, One New York” program, like the fact that over 4,000 copies of the five nominated books have been donated to more than 200 library branches in NYC (with additional copies of Americanah being donated now that it has been announced as the winner), as well as a list of upcoming events and a discussion guide so you can start your own book club. And be sure to join the conversation using the hashtag #OneBookNY.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.