Garlic And Herb-Marinated Rack Of Lamb
Here's a video that shows you how to do it:
Serving size: 4
1 rack of lamb
3 sprigs thyme
2 sprigs rosemary
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice from ½ a lemon
1 cup red wine (we used Malbec)
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 175ºC.
2. Chop thyme, rosemary, and garlic together, then place in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, chili powder, olive oil, and lemon juice; mix well, then set aside.
3. If necessary, trim off some extra fat on the rack of lamb, then cut lamb into 4 pieces. (You can also ask your butcher to prep it for you!)
4. Place lamb in the spice mixture, then rub the spice mixture onto the lamb using your hands, covering all sides. Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a large cast iron or skillet. Sear all sides of the lamb until meat is dark brown and crispy. When it’s almost done, pour in red wine then remove from the heat.
6. Roast the lamb in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145˚F / 63˚C.
7. Serve with roasted veggies.