19 Problems You Had If You Grew Up Posh In Scotland
"Yes, I know I don't have an accent." *Sighs*
1. Your parents spent a lot of your childhood trying to get you to talk "properly".
2. But using "fancy" words at school often meant you had the piss taken out of you.
3. Your packed lunch was always ridiculed as well.
4. Almost every boy you knew owned a pair of tartan trousers.
5. You had a LOT of horsey friends.
6. And some of your friends had rooms just for their toys.
7. You wore Hunter wellies and Barbour jackets because they were practical and good quality.
8. Your friends assumed that because you spoke in a posh accent, you had access to loads of money.
9. And other people heard your voice and decided you must be a massive douchebag.
10. Marks and Spencer was the retailer of choice for picnics.
11. The Easter holidays were either exciting, because you were going skiing, or boring, because all your friends were away skiing.
12. You spent a lot of time being driven around in one of these.
13. Learning to fish and shoot were genuine childhood milestones.
14. If you never hear someone say, "But you don't have a Scottish accent!" again, it will be too soon.
15. You knew someone who owned peacocks...
16. ...someone who lived in an actual castle...
17. ...and someone who had a ridiculous name.
Like Benedict Cumberbatch.