1. 1. The Energy-Saving Light
The Energy-Saving Light is a device that turns off the lights when your eyes are shut. While it is an interesting concept, the fact that you have to connect the device to your face with medical electrodes makes it slightly impractical for day-to-day use.
2. 2. Fnork 2.0
The Fnork 2.0 allows you to hold, cut, and stab your food with one convenient device. While there is some legitimate use for it, if you perhaps lost your arm in combat or an extreme sports accident, the form factor of this device leads us to believe it is not going to catch on any time soon for general use. Unless, of course, you need to eat a steak that has been nailed to the roof (as the inventor suggests).
3. 3. Coin Slot Detector
The Coin Slot Detector lets you know if your “coin slot” is showing. This may be a more efficient alert system than waiting for a cool breeze or a crowd of gawking men, but it ultimately does more to draw attention to the problem. Considering the form-factor, and the fact this problem can be resolved by wearing pants that fit or - dare we say - underwear, we are calling useless on this one.
4. 4. Barefoot Incognito: Hyper-Minimalist Shoe Conversion
Are you tired of getting weird looks when you walk around barefoot? Then make a pair of modified sneakers to walk around Barefoot Incognito. We are sure this is solving a problem for someone, but we are not quite sure who.
5. 5. Sigh Collector
The Sigh Collector records and measures sighs. You can then use this information to analyze your rate of sighing in different environments. This is supposed to have some sort of behavioral therapy benefit… we think. Regardless, it is a bit of an awkward device to carry around to monitor one’s malaise. We foresee this device inspiring even more sighing.
6. 6. Urban Prospecting Detector
Do you live in a major metropolitan area and wonder if you can strike it rich by finding oil in the ground? If you are part of that exclusive 1%, then the Urban Prospecting Detector is the place to start. If, however, you have no intention of striking it rich drilling for oil in your backyard, this probably is not going to be particularly useful.
7. 7. USA - USB: American Flag USB Memorial
If you wish your computer could be slightly more patriotic, then the USA - USB American Flag USB Memorial is for you! However, if you don’t feel the need to display your patriotism while browsing online porn, then perhaps it is not for you. In fact, we kind of suspect it is not for most people.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Thousands of people hit the streets Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia, in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.