We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Clorox toilet wand with disposable scrubby heads that come preloaded with cleaner so you can wipe the whole bowl with one hand and just toss the head out.
Promising review: "You ever look at your toilet brush in disgust and resentment? How's a dirty used up brush sitting in your throne room? You clean your bathroom, but then you put that sucker down in its place, and it's just like, mocking you. It's never truly immaculate. Never knowing true cleanliness. Fear no more. Now you can shine the porcelain throne and not have to worry about a used-up toilet brush mocking your clean, sparkling bathroom. Gone are the days of breathing in dirty poop particles from the reusable potty-cleaning brush thingy. Clorox Toilet Wand is the answer to your prayers if you want an easy, deep-cleaning, toss-away-after-you're-done type contraption for that porcelain throne of yours. Fast, cheap, and easy. Just like... How we like to clean." —Juliana
2. Or a pumice stone to remove stains, hard water rings, lime scale, and rust buildup on even the ickiest of toilets.
Promising review: "I have a 19-year-old master bathroom toilet that had accumulated some nasty stains over time that regular toilet brushes and cleaning products just would not remove. I decided to try this pumice stone, figuring that the worst that could happen would be that it scratched the porcelain and I'd have to replace the toilet. Which was what I would have had to have done anyway if I couldn't get the disgusting stains out. The pumice stone worked like a charm! Given the nature and severity of the stains, it required some elbow grease, but 10 minutes later I have a new-looking bowl, and I see no signs of scratching. I am very happy with this purchase — well worth the very low price!" —Happy Retiree
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (also available in multipacks).
3. A bottle of mold and mildew remover spray so you can stop the pesky mold that's been growing in the humid corners of your home dead in its tracks. You can use this anywhere from your bathroom tile to your outdoor patio. Simply spray, wait 15 seconds, and watch the mold disappear!
It works on wood, tile, fiberglass, showers, floors, counters, and grout!
RMR Brands is a small business specializing in professional grade cleaning solutions for your home.
Promising review: "I bought this RMR spray with low expectations, even with the good reviews. I sprayed a small patch in the evening and let it sit overnight. The next morning, the grout where I had sprayed was as white as if it were brand new. I decided to spray the entire wall and part of the roof. The next day everything I sprayed had no visible mold. By the third night, I was pretty much spraying everything left in the shower. This stuff is amazing." —John Werner
Get a 32-oz bottle on Amazon for $16.99+ (available in three sizes and multiple quantities).
4. A pack of dishwasher-cleaning tablets formulated to penetrate, dissolve, and remove odor-causing residue. You'd be surprised how dirty your dishwasher actually is. Just use it once a month on any model, and you'll have the cleanest dishwasher in all the land.
Promising reviews: "Convenient, easy, quick way to keep the dishwasher fresh and working at peak performance." —Amazon Customer
"One thing that I like is that I could actually use this when doing a load of dishes, I don't have to empty the dishes out and waste a cycle running this. it DOES remove the odor from the dishwasher. They make a similar product for my laundry washer, and I use that product there, which is what prompted me to try this stuff in my dishwasher." —Dave Z
Get a pack of six tablets from Amazon for $8.99.
5. Some Bissell Stomp 'N Go pads that'll work quickly to lift whatever kind of icky stain your pet has so graciously left behind for you on your new rug. What makes it so great is that no matter how gross the "accident" is, you don't have to put your fingers anywhere near the mess — just put on some shoes and stomp away!
Promising review: "It is actually working! I almost cried when I picked up the first pad!! Some genius builder put white carpet in our condo bedrooms. It's now 15 years old so it's definitely not the original white. We knew we were going to get a dog so we didn’t want to replace it right away though. Well, we rescued a dog that was barely potty trained and she did a number on the carpet. Luckily, the smell didn’t linger, but the stain did. We’ve tried numerous products and none of them helped the stain. The stains are now over a year old. We're waiting until after COVID to replace the carpet but I still wanted it to look nice in the meantime. I was skeptical for sure, but holy goodness it’s working!! You can literally see the rectangle where I used (and moved) the first pad!!!! I have a long way to go, but these pads are nothing short of a miracle! I just wish they were bigger because laying them out looks and feels like we’re laying tiles on the floor. Just buy it. You won’t regret it." —Kimmy
Get a pack of 20 from Amazon for $27.48.
6. A concentrated leather cleaner to breathe new life into all of the leather in your home. We're talking couches, chairs, car seats, purses, shoes, gloves, jackets —literally *anything* leather!
Since this is a concentrate, that means a little goes a long way. This teeny 4-ounce bottle makes a whopping 32-ounces of cleaner when diluted with water!
Leather Honey is a family-owned small business and has been a top leather cleaner and conditioner since 1968. Their products provide up to six months of leather protection, are always non-toxic and all-natural, and will make your leather softer, richer, and healthier.
Promising review: "I bought a sorta white leather sectional for $150 stained and dirty but no major wear or tears. Well, the pictures tell it all! It took at least three cycles of gentle scrubbing and wiping off raised dirt and a little extra for bad stains! A lot of elbow grease but holy crap! Super nice couch now!" —iPoutside365
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in two sizes).
7. A container of The Pink Stuff cleaning paste that'll clean practically anything. No really. Marks on the walls? Sure. Dirty stove? Obviously! Grimy bathtub? Duh. The Pink Stuff has your back.
This vegan paste will remove stains from stoves, kitchen floors, metal, ceramics, porcelain, marble, wood, silverware, jewelry, glass shower doors, fiberglass doors, glass stove tops, countertops, toilets, sinks, bathtubs, car wheels, stainless steel, and so much more! Whew!
Promising review: "Since moving into this apartment I have gradually come to hate this tub because of the water stains I have tried every product on the market including crazy things from the internet like Coca-Cola, vinegar you name it..this stuff with a couple of swipes/scrubs and a toothbrush for the textured areas completely cleaned my tub in a way that I can only tell you excited me to the core of my being. All I can tell you is buy it and I wish you the best!" —Michelle
Get it from Amazon for $5.97 (available in larger quantities).
8. A wood polish and conditioner to enhance the natural beauty in all of your wood by feeding it with oils, preventing it from drying and fading. It'll make your adult self *so* proud.
This polish can be used on antiques, kitchen cabinets, dining tables, doors, and basically anything that's wood! Also doesn't contain any silicone or linseed oil.
Promising review: "This stuff is absolutely AMAZING. My wife and I were getting tired of looking at our worn out cabinets and wood paneling and were very close to paying a professional thousands of dollars to refinish it all, but then we came across this product. Our paneling and cabinets were looking rough. We have two dogs that jumped up and scratched places, we also had an area that was damaged by water spots where our dog bowls were, and several other areas that were just worn from heavy traffic. This stuff was like a magic eraser for water spots, scratches, scuffs, and any other blemish. We simply wiped the product on with a paper towel and let it sit for 20 minutes before wiping it off with a clean towel. Everything looks brand-new. I'm buying a couple more so we can finish our cabinets and wood paneling. We're so glad we found this product." —Kris
Get it from Amazon for $9.98.
9. A pet stain and odor remover, so when Indiana Bones gets a little too excited that you just got home and decides to pee all over your brand new rug, it's not entirely annoying. Plus, how can you stay mad at a dog named Indiana Bones? You can't.
This cleaner is not *just* for the carpet, though! You can use it on furniture, pet beds and crates, hardwood, and even laminate flooring!
Sunny & Honey is a small business focusing on creating products that are highly effective at cleaning pet stains. They also donates 10% of all profits to animals in need (rescue groups and no-kill animal shelters).
Promising review: "This stuff works sooooo well. I have tried many other brands of pet stain remover, and this one is definitely the best. I have two indoor cats with hairball issues; they are often spitting up hairballs, or stomach acid only before or after the passing of the hairball. (Sorry for the TMI.) Of course, they only want to do this on the carpet and rugs. This stain remover effectively removes the bodily fluid, hairball, etc., with a nice, fresh minty scent and no sticky residue. I keep a bottle upstairs and downstairs so I don't have to go hunting for it during those 2 a.m. hairball vomiting sessions (because, of course, that's the only time they want to throw up)." —Heather Coburn-Schill
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ or Subscribe & Save for $18.99/month (available in 32 oz. or one gallon and two scents).
10. A trusty bottle of Weiman silver polish you can use to bring your old family heirlooms back to their former self. It not only rejuvenates dull and tarnished silver, but the non-scratch formula leaves behind a protective coating that prevents tarnish from reforming!
Promising review: "I was able to clean up a tea set given to my grandfather 40 years ago. This stuff worked amazingly!" —Kristi Lane
"I have cleaned and polished a lot of silver in my day and this is hands down my favorite. I have tried multiple products, methods, and a few chemistry type experiments, but this is by far the best. It doesn't leave a cloudy residue behind - no chalk either. It doesn't have a terrible smell like most brands that wreak of chemicals. It effortlessly wiped twenty years of tarnish and is safe for silver plate, patina, and antiques. I don't have to do multiple steps and use more than one product to clean and polish - this does it all! It is the FASTEST product I have ever used and you don't need as much to get the job done which saves money and work later cleaning it off!" —Todd & Shelby
Get it from Amazon for $7.74.
11. A pet hair removal broom to make your jaw drop when you see just how much hair your little rascal has been shedding into the grasps of your rug's fibers. There is a rake side and a squeegee side, which both effectively do the deed.
Promising review: "This is a genius invention with a rubbery broom that catches everything! Today I didn't think the floor really needed to be swept, but the FURemover proved me wrong. I ended up with a big tumbleweed of dog hair and my hair and who knows what else? The handle telescopes far longer than I need (I'm 5'8") but the telescoping comes in handy when sweeping under the couch or other out-of-the-way places. This is a game-changer if you have a lot of fur or hair in your home. You must try this, I am so happy with this purchase!" —Frannie
Get it from Amazon for $19.29.
12. And a ChomChom roller that'll gather up the pet hair that *still* manages to end up on all of your furniture. It also has a little compartment that stores the fur for easy cleaning!
Promising review: "I have had many different pet hair rollers and this beats everything hands down. The compartment that traps the hair is genius. With many pet hair removal tools the hair sort of flies in the air a little, you have handfuls, or have to clean the brush on something...this baby traps the fur in a little compartment that is easy to empty. I sent links to this product to lots of my friends who are owned by cats and told them it will be life-changing." —DLB
Get it from Amazon for $28.95.
13. A pack of bottle-cleaning tablets because (much to my dismay) soap and water is just NOT enough to clean bottles and tumblers. These will get all of the extra gunk your bottle brush just cannot reach. You can even use it to clean your old (and dirty) coffee pot machine!
Great for cleaning stainless steel bottles and mugs, hydration reservoirs, coolers, and even plastic containers. These are also great for cleaning your bottles and dishes while camping because of how portable they are!
Promising review: "THESE ARE AWESOME!!! I got these and tried one out first with my coffee travel mug and it worked AMAZINGLY. I got all my other travel cups and coffee carafe lined up and used one on each, and got a big bowl for all the covers and gaskets. I left them soaking for about an hour and cleaned with warm water and soap after. Everything came out excellent and like new, with no smell... Before dumping out the solution after soaking, I could see the film of crud that had risen to the surface of the water! Gross but cool. I have used one of these to clean my coffee pot carafe a few times, and it works great every time. I recommend super hot water from the tap when using these and waiting an hour." —Sage Moon
Get a 12-pack from Amazon for $8+ (also available in larger quantities).
14. A windowsill sweeper for cleaning all the nooks and crannies of your windows and even your sliding door tracks — those get so dirty! The set comes with five pieces, all different sizes, so you can tackle different areas of your home effectively.
It comes with a regular brush, a small brush, a bristle brush, a slimmer one for tight spaces, and a duster specifically meant for blinds!
Promising reviews: "LOVE these cleaning tools. Now I’m not a neat freak, but when I clean, I CLEAN. I like to get in all the nooks and crannies, and these tools made my life so much easier. The skinny green one was great for that skinny area behind my bathroom faucet that I could ever seem to reach! And the thicker white one was fantastic for my shower door track because of the angled bristles it has. It got all the gook that I normally can’t get to. I can’t wait to use them on my windows. Would totally buy again." —Joell Almighty
"Why haven't I ordered this before?! A friend told me about on this idea. I have lived in my home for 7 years! I don't do window seals well. I have the entire first floor of my house done, and I just got them today!! I can't believe how much dirt was in the cracks! I scrubbed them all dry to release dirt then used my mini vacuum to suck it all up!! Green handle is my fave out of all of them!!" —Danielle
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
15. A highly-rated spot remover so you can finally tackle that growing pile of laundry you started where each piece has a specific stain you want to remove before washing. This remover can be used on blood, food stains, grass stains, pet stains, beverage stains, chocolate, grime, ketchup, grease, oil stains, and so much more. Many reviewers even use these on their shoes and mattresses to clean up dog puke!
It's toxin-free, and does not contain any bleaching agents, so you don't have to worry about ruining your favorite clothes!
Promising review: "Ok y’all. So. I have four kids, three of whom play baseball. I also have 4 dogs. I also have a husband who gets something on his clothes EVERY time he eats, drinks, or just walks through the house. ANYWHO. Needless to say we have lots of stains on clothing, carpeting, rugs, you name it. I consider myself to be a stain remover master (my kids’ friends will bring stuff by for me to clean) and I was pretty good (elbow grease and persistence are key). Well, I get Grandmas stuff and I cannot believe how great it works — without the elbow grease and persistence! Ring around the collar? ✔️ Wine? ✔️ Baseball dirt?✔️ Paint on newly professionally cleaned carpet? ✔️ The ease of getting the paint out of the carpet prompted my review. I was seriously about to cry. Had paid $550 for the professional cleaning and was doing touch up paint (trying to sell our house) and dropped a tiny bit and immediately reached down with my finger (like I had on the hardwood in other rooms) to “rub” it up. Well, that just spread it out to about a nickel size mess. Ran to get grandmas with a wet rag, one little squirt, agitation with wet rag, finished with a dry rag and voila! PAINT GONE! I ain’t even lying! Just buy it. You’ll see!" —Brandi Phillips
Get it from Amazon for $6.99+ (available in four styles, four sizes and multiple quantities).
16. Or a bottle of Folex spot remover to ~instantly~ remove pet stains, grease, ink, coffee, blood, food stains, cosmetics stains, and even red wine stains from your carpets and upholstery! Whew, that was a mouthful. The best part? It's odor-free so you don't have to worry about the pesky smell of chemicals while you're cleaning.
Be sure to check out our full write-up on this Folex stain remover!
Promising reviews: "So my dog got into my makeup bag and got ahold of some liquid lipstick and, needless to say, I flipped out to see my carpets neon orange. It took about an hour and two rolls of paper towels but holy moly! WOW did this stuff work! My mother recommended it to me after using it on minor stains at her house and I'm so glad I got it. Definitely worth the money and it really does disappear right before your eyes like the bottle says!" —Jen
"The reviews and before/after pics had me curious, but still skeptical. I used it a few times on random stains around the house and it really does just make them disappear instantly! But all of those were new stains that hadn’t set yet. I finally decided to try it on my car seats that have been stained for years and I’m amazed at the difference! You can still see some remnants of the stains but that’s my fault for not having enough dry towels. If you follow the directions on the bottle you will not be disappointed!" —LMK32294
Get it from Amazon for $12.85 (available in two sizes and multiple packs).
17. A foaming garbage disposal cleaner because honestly, you'd be surprised at how dirty your disposal probably is, but you ignore it because it's dark and scary down there. 👀
Keep in mind though that this cleans your disposal — if your disposal's clogged, you might need a plumber for that!
Promising review: "Took a little to figure it out, but once I did, it was magical. I had to push the packet in further than the instructions said, but other than that, it was a breeze. It got stuff out of my sink I didn’t know was there (probably from the previous tenants) and got rid of the major gnat problem I had." —Nat K.
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $4.25 (available in a pack of 24).
18. A Baseboard Buddy — a clever tool that'll make cleaning your baseboards the fastest and easiest chore on your to-do list. Just use the extension handle, add a reusable cleaning pad, and effortlessly swipe your baseboards clean!
It comes with three reusable cleaning pads. The handle extends over four feet, which means you can even use it to clean your crown moldings!
Promising review: "I have a whole house of 5" baseboards. I had new carpet coming and was tired of moving everything, but I wanted my baseboards cleaned before and after the carpet install. This works, and I did not have to sit on the floors and slide around the rooms. Nor did I have to bend over until exhausted. There is a slight learning curve on the best angle and where to stand, but it works. It also allows you to get behind furniture." —Kindle customer
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
19. A Wet & Forget cleaner so you can keep your shower squeaky clean *and* mildew-free by spraying just once a week — and rinsing clean. There's no scrubbing and no wiping!
BTW, Each bottle lasts for 12 weeks' worth of treatments.
Promising review: "This product is so easy to use. It’s like it’s called you just spray it and forget it until it’s time to rinse it off. As you can see from the pictures (above) my bathtub was stained pretty good. The guy that owned the house before me used Ajax to clean it so it has almost no enamel left on it and it probably caused the staining and nothing could get it out until I bought this. After 4 8-hour applications, you can see the difference. I highly recommend this to everybody and once it’s completely clean I’m gonna go on the once a week application. I actually bought another bottle for my dad and mom." —Stephanie Martin
Get it from Amazon for $19.98.