1. Never buy new textbooks.
2. Rushing a sorority, then not getting in, really is not the end of the world.
3. My college roommate would be the one to lead me to a really great girl. Apparently this is common.
4. $.40... Ramen Noddles, $1.15... Spaghetti, $1.00... Baked Potato... Realizing it is possible to eat "well" for less than a dollar = Priceless
5. Not everyone in the dorm will appreciate the smell of microwave buttered popcorn at 10 am.
6. Make friends with the cafeteria salad bar, not the pizza station. Oh… and just because you can eat the second burger, doesn't mean you should.
7. It is totally possible (and highly likely) that four years will fly like four minutes.
8. Sadly, college will be the last time in your life when taking an afternoon nap will be possible.
9. Wo(Man) cannot live on waffle bar alone.
10. Your school wasn't kidding about the importance of bringing a mattress pad.
11. There's no good reason to ever take an 8 am class.
12. It is perfectly normal to change majors (several times).
13. The first few weeks will be tough. But then they'll be over, and you'll make friends and some of those friendships will last the rest of your life.
14. Study abroad. Just do it. It's going to be the most important thing you've done.
15. College is hard, even when you're prepared and capable. You'll need a mentor!
"We all need somebody to lean on!"