We all know Bollywood writers haven't done a great job understanding "consent".
On the contrary, plot lines have repeatedly enforced this: dudes should do whatever they have to do to get the girl, even if that means ignoring her "no" over and over again, following her when she's made it clear that she wants to be left alone, and using force and trickery to get physically intimate with her.
Anyone who's seen a '90s Bollywood flick will recognise the HORRIFYING visual of a large group of dudes chasing a lone woman who doesn't want to be chased... And pretending it's out of "love".
The worst part? It always works.
In the real world, these approaches will get you a slap and a trip to the cop station before they get you a girlfriend.
Here's a small sampling of lyrics that were WILDLY off-the-mark about the basic concept that when anyone says "no" to a sexual advance, you'd better fuckin' listen.
1. "Kab Tak Roothegi" — Haseena Maan Jayegi
2. "Channe Ke Kheit Mein" — Anjaam
3. "Kya Ada Kya Jalwe Tere, Paro" — Shastra
4. "Akele Na Bazaar Jaya Karo" — Major Saab
Deewana karogi duniya ko tum,
Agar baat meri na maano gi tum,
Nazar lag jayegi.
You'll make everyone go wild,
If you don't listen to me,
You'll get the evil eye.
5. "Bharatpur Lut Gaya" — English Babu Desi Mem
6. "Chal Pyar Karegi?" — Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai
7. "Teri Kamar Ko" — Great Grand Masti
8. "Premi Aashiq Awara" — Phool Aur Kaante
9. "Koi Haseena" — Sholay
10. "Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai" — Phata Poster Nikla Hero
11. "O Mere Sona Re" — Teesri Manzil
12. "Neela Dupatta Peela Suit" — Hamesha
13. "O Laal Dupatte Wali" — Aankhen
14. "Gandi Baat" — R...Rajkumar
15. "Aa Aa Ee O O O" — Raja Babu
Faisla maine kiya, na aise peechha chhodunga,
Hai yehi meri tamanna, dil se dil main jodunga.
I have decided, I won't leave you today,
My only desire is to have your heart.