1. You've been requested to play a Hindi song completely out of your genre of comfort.
2. And you have played it. Because -- well -- bills.
3. People have dared to ask you to play at family events like weddings.
4. Jamming sessions with your friends include being disrupted by their mom bringing you drinks and snacks.
5. Or by sliiightly stern warnings that you and young buncha hooligans need to evacuate their guest bedrooms.
6. Mom may always be pissed at you, but you've heard her bragging about your skills when talking to her friend or relatives.
7. If you can't do it at home, you have to practice in jam rooms which are usually tiny, smell of sweat, and are way too overpriced. STILL WORTH IT.
8. If you're a guy and very unlucky, the length of your hair is probably more important than your falling grades to your dad.
9. You've played at a college farewell or welcome party, which is how you were baptised as a musician.
10. Your boyfriend or girlfriend often doesn't get the feels of the music you play for them.
11. Sometimes when you make a bunch of people listen to your favourite face-melting guitar solo, they don't even have an eargasm.
12. "Why do you sing in an American accent? Your natural accent is Indian."
13. Lots of awkward dancing happens at events you play at.
14. Your relatives come over and fiddle with your instruments.
15. And let's not forget the asshole kids that your instruments attract.
16. If you're a girl, you get extra attention. Like extra extra. You-are-an-art-exhibit extra.
17. Your n00b friends ask you if they can borrow your instruments like it's no big deal.
18. If you're a guitarist, let's not even VENTURE into the area of plectrums that have been lost to your ma's jhaadu.
19. You are judged on your choice of equipment.
20. If you're on the bass, you're the real MVP.
21. And if you play metal, every aunty in a 10 k.m radius believes you snort marijuanas and don’t believe in god.
22. Your parents are kinda done with your shit every few months.
23. And your instruments WILL nearly get destroyed while your mom attempts to clean your room.
24. Many will assume you're not serious about your studies because you're in a band.
25. But what that band does is pretty much your life.
Music is like your HP refill.