1. When Jasmine pulled out a dupatta to go to the vegetable market.
2. When Jafar hypnotised Jasmine's dad into arranging her marriage with him.
Hint: TERRIBLE RISHTAS.
3. But she summed up our thoughts on marriage perfectly.
4. When Mushu, the family guardian spirit, did exactly what elders do: Stuff Mulan's face with food.
5. When Mulan was judged by an ACTUAL rishta aunty.
6. And it didn't stop there. She had to do the whole elegant tea-pouring thingy.
7. When she was told being more ~ladylike~ and marriageable somehow brought honour.
8. And when the bad-duas she got from him were family elder-like.
9. When Snow White rolled that dough like she was about to drop the hottest roti of the decade.
10. When Esmeralda said things we say to our super religious, judgy relatives.
11. When Ariel's dad was EVERY DESI DAD.
12. Seriously, Ariel trying to get permission to go out was a VERY relatable struggle.
13. When Cinderella would rather die than make two trips during house chores.
14. When Merida's relationship with her mum was a lot like what we have.
Forcing us to dress properly and brushing the crap out of our hair included.
15. Even the crazy desi mum pappi pattern was on point.
16. When Elsa advised her sister, flawlessly channelling our final transformation to paranoid auntyjis.
In our case, arranged marriages.