1. When feminist @LilyBolourian tweeted her selfie with the satirical hashtag #FeministsAreUgly, she aimed to start a movement.
2. Soon @cheuya joined in, tweeting her selfie with the hashtag to help dispel all bored stereotypes about feminists being “humourless” and “ugly”.
3. A movement that urged that women needn’t conform to Western standards of beauty to be lovely.
4. And they briefly made Twitter a wonderful, beautiful, feminist place.
5. Look at this bandana-wearing threat to patriarchy.
6. Here’s a drop-dead gorgeous mocker of misogyny.
7. This one feminist is fab even when she’s furious.
8. And this feminist who doesn’t need long locks to be glorious.
9. Look at these feminists, who can light up a room with their smiles.
10. And this beauty who didn’t even get the memo.
11. This badass proves that the “no horizontal stripes” rule is bullshit.
12. This one can be terrifyingly pretty.
13. This feminist can makes head turn without effort.
14. This one could easily be a supermodel.
15. And you can never be as chillaxed as this free-spirited feminist.
16. We even saw some familiar feminists faces…
20. And Rou Reynolds.
21. A summary of what we’ve learned today:
This post has been updated to include more information about the start of the movement.
- Texas is suing the federal government for blocking a huge shipment of illegal execution drugs from entering the state 💉
- President Trump bussed the US Senate to the White House for a briefing on North Korea, but senators say they didn't learn anything new 🚌
- McDonald's spends big bucks rolling out "premium" menu items like leafy wraps, but data shows its customers just want cheap deals 🍔🍟
- An extraordinary new study claims humans roamed America 130,000 years ago, but fossil experts say don't believe the hype 👣