1. You remember hearing the title track of Hasratein in your room when mom’s TV time began.
This show once had an entire episode about menstruation. Yup.
2. Among dramas mom followed was Amanat, which is probably where the bigass-family-drama-serial trend began.
That’s a lot of sisters…
3. But living with a shit-tonne of people never looked as good as Family Number 1 made it looked.
4. Star Bestsellers were actually great quality drama serials.
Recommending in 2014 again.
5. And you know Banegi Apni Baat is STILL a better representation of the modern youth than most of today’s shows.
6. Speaking of the youth, how can we forget Hip Hip Hurray?
Stop acting like you didn’t have a crush on Cyrus or Kiran.
If you didn’t know, there’s a YouTube channel which has most of the episodes.
8. Disney Hour was your favourite hour of the day, unless you also watched the repeat telecast before going to school.
Happiness is a dude in a white T and a checkered overshirt saying “Hello, friends, main hoon apka dost Vishal.”
9. Teer Kaman show kicked ass and deserves a rerun.
10. You owe most of your general knowledge to Bournvita Quiz Contest.
“Your quizmaster, Derek O’Brien!”
11. You wonder where Filmi Chakkar’s Bunty and Chintu ever went.
Prakash and Rukmani became the Sarabhais when they got rich. #suddenclarity
12. Remember when Gudgudee happened?
13. Boogie Woogie is still probably the best dance show ever.
Thanks for starting it all, Jaffrey boys.
14. And the same can be said about Sa Re Ga Ma TVS as far as singing shows go.
15. But Antakshari changed our lives forever. Road trip, picnic, wedding, school — you name it. There will be Antakshari.
16. Pankaj Kapoor and Satish Kaushik’s exchanges in Philips/Zee Top Ten can never be forgotten.
17. Sooo much ‘Dubai’ happened in Dastaan.
18. And one does not simply talk about Dastaan without touching on Chattaan.
Nightmares are made of Lankesh.
19. It seemed as though Parampara would never end, ever.
20. Need anything even be said here?
21. Not many remember this, but Mr Mintoo had mad game.
22. You involuntarily remember the words to the title song of Tu Tu Main Main.
23. Chacha Chaudhry = ADVENTURE TIIIME.
How could you not sing along? “Cha ch-ch-cha, ch-ch-cha, ch-ch-chaaa.”
24. Speaking of adventure, some of us also looking forward to this historical TV show called Akbar Birbal.
25. The original Mano Ya Na Mano was absolutely terrifying.
Thanks for existing, Irrfan Khan.
26. This face from the Zee Horror Show opening sequence haunted your dreams.
For, like, years.
27. Speaking of bizarre opening sequences, there was Aahat.
Looking back, this was such a kickass opening.
28. And in case you didn’t plan on sleeping anyway, here’s some Woh.
Margarita, Wah, Kya Scene Hai, Tara, Grihalakshmi Ka Jinn, Jungli Toofan Tyre Puncture, Hum Zameen, Saanp Seedhi, Chota Moo Badi Baat, Baap Re Baap, V3 Plus, Paying Guest, Khana Khazana, Sunday Ke Sunday and Nafrat.