1. Rebellious drugstore owners in Evanston defied ice cream soda bans by inventing the delicious ice cream sundae.
2. Illinois is where wanderlust grew from a dream into an actual possibility.
3. Arcades were basically born in Chicago in the 1930s.
4. Chicago had the very first all-color TV station ever.
5. Aurora was the first city in the U.S. to light their nights up with electricity.
6. The largest (and probably most fragrant) bakery in the world is the Nabisco factory in Chicago.
The Nabisco factory — located at 7300 South Kedzie Ave. — is the largest cookie factory in the world. In 1995, it churned out a mouthwatering 1.5 billion Oreos!