29 Ways To Cut Down Your Beauty Routine So You're Never Late Again
You love makeup, but not at the expense of your livelihood — if you're late to work one more damn time, your worst nightmare just might come true!
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Place all of your essentials (concealer, foundation, eyeshadow, etc.) in a makeup organizer so they're easily accessible when you're half awake in the morning.
2. If you have tons of products in your bathroom (and are lucky enough not to cohabitate with roommates), line them up according to how often you use them.
3. Prep your precious skin the night before and use a sleeping mask for glowing skin the following day, because we all know AMAZING skin helps!
4. Plan out your outfit and makeup look the night before so you'll know exactly what you'll need to slay in the morning.
5. Invest in multipurpose products like a tinted moisturizer that'll hydrate your face and act as a light foundation.
7. And throw the whole blow dryer away (figuratively, of course) and apply a Bumble & Bumble air drying hair cream that'll mimic the sleek look you were going for without any of the heat!
8. Or try out a simple wet hairstyle like an adorable braided bun, especially if your gym routine ran a TAD long that morning.
9. For all my naturals, if you're into the wash-and-go life, use a cotton T-shirt or a microfiber towel so your curls won't frizz while you're applying a full face!
10. Moisturize your fab skin before you even towel off with a handy in-shower lotion to make your body smooth as butter.
11. Use concealer instead of eyeshadow for a carefree, nude look. No one has time to blend, blend, blend when you have work in an hour and you ALREADY woke up late.
12. Save time by placing dots of concealer under your eyes instead of a triangle for an everyday look that'll blend in a jiffy, especially if you're thinking you want to do a mini contour in a limited amount of time!
13. And if you ARE thinking about contouring, use this simple method (placing bronzer at the top and sides of your hairline along your temple) for added depth on your face. Just write the number three and you're done!
14. When using concealer, find a container with a built-in applicator to easily blend the product onto your skin instead of digging out a different brush.
15. Save applying lipstick for your commute or when you get to the office. Chances are you're gonna re-apply right before your work crush comes walking toward your desk, anyway.
16. Use fluffy powder brushes for blush AND setting powder. It'll apply both of them evenly and will save you the precious seconds of going through your plethora of makeup tools.
17. Or you can use a makeup sponge to apply both your foundation, concealer, and creamy blush. Multiplicity!
19. Save valuable minutes by skipping the eyeliner completely and applying a bit more mascara to make your eyes pop.
20. I know you're attached to your liquid liner, but a classic pencil can give you the same look without the effort (and without the fucking smudge).
22. But make sure you know what kind of eye shape you have so you're not putting in all that effort into eyeliner and eyeshadow to just get frustrated, wipe it off, and start from the beginning.
23. Since you're all about dramatics, you can try a speedy (and simple) smokey eye that'll turn heads while you rush out the door. Just draw a simple cross hatch with your pencil liner and blend it out with your fingers!
24. If you want a speedy, voluminous look — spritz a bit of hairspray to your roots and do a quick Legally Blonde hair flip!
25. If you want to actually go for a eyeshadow look, apply it before your foundation so the fallout doesn't fuck up the rest of your face.
26. Don't go crazy and try to fill in your brows with pomade; try a tinted eyebrow gel with a spoolie applicator for fuss-free definition!
27. Cop a baked blush so you don't even have to waste time on face highlighter since it'll combine the pigment of blush with the shimmer you adore.
28. Stick your mascara in a glass of warm water, (or in your wonderful cleavage) so when you apply it on your lashes it won't look super clumpy!
29. And lastly, don't forget spraying some Urban Decay setting spray onto your full face, because having your face melt after rushing to put it on would be a damn shame!
Go forth and slay!
Reviews here have been edited for length and/or clarity.