1. When you want to know how much cash to pack.
Currency is a sleekly simple solution to tracking ever-changing currency costs. With a built-in convertor that works with over 160 forms of currency and a live chart to keep track of international changes, Currency does everything you’d expect it to. And a little more.
2. When you need to make sure you don’t forget your flip-flops.
Fun fact: Packing is the worst. Odds are you’re gonna forget some “Very Important” article of clothing and spend at least half an hour searching your hotel room for that sweater you swore you packed. So just download PackingPro and make sure that never happens again. Never again.
3. When you want to double-check that your flight’s on time.
4. When you have to make a mad dash to the airport.
5. When you want to stave off boredom during your layover.
Got a couple hours to kill and don’t want to spend ‘em counting the tiles on the terminal floor? Then download Plants Vs. Zombies 2: About Time and take out your boredom-induced aggression on wave after wave of slackjawed undead. Groovy.
6. When all you need is a quick slice in an unfamiliar neighborhood.
When it’s time to grab some cheap grub on the fly, what’s better than pizza? This app acts as a Pizza Compass, pointing a slice directly at your nearest pizza joint. No matter where you are. Great for those sneak attack ‘za cravings.
8. When you want to brush up on the local jargon.
So maybe you aren’t a walking Rosetta stone just yet. Yeah? So? And? TripLingo lets you learn the important stuff, like oft-used phrases, greetings, and street slang, all from a slick, user-friendly interface.
9. When you’re trying to find your way around town.
10. When you want to experience some local flavor.
11. When you get stumped by a foreign street sign.
It probably goes without saying, but guesswork isn’t the best way to navigate foreign city streets. Just point WordLens at a sign you don’t understand and it’ll translate it on the fly into the language of your choice, just like that.