British prime minister David Cameron has said he does not mind news outlets showing parts of ISIS propaganda videos as they remind viewers "what a truly ghastly, murderous organisation we're up against".
Cameron made the statement during an interview with LBC radio on Monday, following the release of a new ISIS propaganda video on Sunday, entitled "Message to David Cameron".
The video featured a masked, English-accented man issuing a direct threat to the prime minister.
At the end of the 11-minute clip, the video showed a young, English-speaking child wearing camouflage and an ISIS headband.
The video also purported to show ISIS fighters killing five men they claimed to be "British spies", though on Monday, Downing Street appeared to cast doubt on this claim.
"Any normal person watching that video will realise that describing these people as a death cult and as truly repulsive is utterly fair comment, and so I don't mind people seeing, within limits, a little bit of this just to remind them about what a truly ghastly, murderous organisation we're up against," Cameron told LBC on Monday.
The prime minister said the video had been released in retaliation to ISIS's recent territorial losses in Iraq, which he attributed to Britain's role in coalition airstrikes.
"What you can see is we have taken the fight to ISIL and we've done that by the brave action of the RAF over the skies of Iraq and now Syria. We're doing it by stopping people travelling out to join ISIL. We're doing it by dealing with radicalisation in our own communities," he said. "In the end, our values of democracy and tolerance and freedom are so much stronger than theirs that we will win this fight, but we have to make sure we commit everything to it."
During a visit to east London earlier on Monday, Cameron had condemned the video as "desperate stuff" from an organisation "that's losing ground" and "increasingly losing anybody's sympathy".
In July, the prime minister warned that ISIS and other "Islamist" groups were using propaganda to lure vulnerable young people, and urged social media companies to do more to stop the spread of "Islamist poison".
Downing Street condemned the video on Sunday following its release, and has said it is working with security services to identify the masked man and the child featured in the video.
In a statement to journalists on Monday, a Downing Street spokeswoman said: "We are examining the content of the video, and the prime minister is being kept updated on that."
When asked whether media outlets should show the video, the spokeswoman said it was a "judgment for editors to make".
Hussein Kesvani is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.