1. Women across the world participated in “One Billion Rising” Thursday, an event to bring awareness to violence against women.
2. According to the United Nations, one in three women will be raped or beaten in her lifetime.
3. One in three woman equals about a billion women, hence “One Billion Rising.”
4. The event called for women to organize a flashmob or demonstration where they would dance.
5. This is one of the songs they danced to.
6. Guys were also more than welcome to join.
8. Like in India.
9. And Germany.
10. And the Democratic Republic of Congo.
11. And Serbia.
12. And China.
13. And Indonesia.
14. And the Philippines.
15. Organizers hope the event will be “a call to men and women to refuse to participate in the status quo until rape and rape culture ends.”
- White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻