1. Women across the world participated in “One Billion Rising” Thursday, an event to bring awareness to violence against women.
2. According to the United Nations, one in three women will be raped or beaten in her lifetime.
3. One in three woman equals about a billion women, hence “One Billion Rising.”
4. The event called for women to organize a flashmob or demonstration where they would dance.
5. This is one of the songs they danced to.
6. Guys were also more than welcome to join.
8. Like in India.
9. And Germany.
10. And the Democratic Republic of Congo.
11. And Serbia.
12. And China.
13. And Indonesia.
14. And the Philippines.
15. Organizers hope the event will be “a call to men and women to refuse to participate in the status quo until rape and rape culture ends.”
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- At least 26 people have been treated by medics after a chemical incident at London City Airport.
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.