1. Every St. Patrick’s Day, the Chicago River is dyed green.
2. They’ve been doing it for 43 years now.
3. Other cities have tried to do what Chicago does, but no one does it like Chicago.
4. That’s because they figured out the perfect dye to make the river this vibrant shade of St. Patrick’s Day green.
5. The dye they use is actually orange (because orange + blue = green, remember?).
6. And they have a huge parade to go along with it every year.
7. And I guess that brings in enough revenue to justify dying a river green.
9. This year was especially awesome because there was a flying leprechaun.
10. Which is pretty remarkable.
11. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- President Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- Alt-right news platform Breitbart News is set to expand its presence in Italy, BuzzFeed News has learned 📰 🇮🇹
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈