1. Every St. Patrick’s Day, the Chicago River is dyed green.
2. They’ve been doing it for 43 years now.
3. Other cities have tried to do what Chicago does, but no one does it like Chicago.
4. That’s because they figured out the perfect dye to make the river this vibrant shade of St. Patrick’s Day green.
5. The dye they use is actually orange (because orange + blue = green, remember?).
6. And they have a huge parade to go along with it every year.
7. And I guess that brings in enough revenue to justify dying a river green.
9. This year was especially awesome because there was a flying leprechaun.
10. Which is pretty remarkable.
11. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- Iraq's prime minister has ordered the arrest of anti-government protesters who breached Baghdad's fortified "Green Zone" and occupied the parliament building.
- Daniel J. Berrigan, an American priest and poet famous for leading anti-Vietnam War protests, has died at the age 94.
- U.S. President Barack Obama zinged the media and presidential contenders before dropping the mic at his final White House Correspondents' Dinner 🇺🇸