1. Every St. Patrick’s Day, the Chicago River is dyed green.
2. They’ve been doing it for 43 years now.
3. Other cities have tried to do what Chicago does, but no one does it like Chicago.
4. That’s because they figured out the perfect dye to make the river this vibrant shade of St. Patrick’s Day green.
5. The dye they use is actually orange (because orange + blue = green, remember?).
6. And they have a huge parade to go along with it every year.
7. And I guess that brings in enough revenue to justify dying a river green.
9. This year was especially awesome because there was a flying leprechaun.
10. Which is pretty remarkable.
11. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- A Pennsylvania judge has ordered Bill Cosby to face trial for a felony sex-assault case from 2004.
- Twitter will no longer count links, @names, and GIFs toward its 140-character limit. You can also retweet yourself now.
- The NFL released new Super Bowl locations. The next 5 are in Houston, Minnesota, Atlanta, South Florida, and L.A. 🏈