1. Every St. Patrick’s Day, the Chicago River is dyed green.
2. They’ve been doing it for 43 years now.
3. Other cities have tried to do what Chicago does, but no one does it like Chicago.
4. That’s because they figured out the perfect dye to make the river this vibrant shade of St. Patrick’s Day green.
5. The dye they use is actually orange (because orange + blue = green, remember?).
6. And they have a huge parade to go along with it every year.
7. And I guess that brings in enough revenue to justify dying a river green.
9. This year was especially awesome because there was a flying leprechaun.
10. Which is pretty remarkable.
11. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝