1. The Washington, D.C. Department of Health posted proposed tattoo and body piercing regulations Friday.
3. “The 24-hour wait period is pretty ridiculous,” said Matt Knopp owner of Tattoo Paradise in Adams Morgan. “It’s unprecedented … You start with this and where does it end?”
5. Knopp said he and other tattoo shop owners in D.C. planned to fight the proposed regulations. The Health Department indicated they would take public comments on the proposal for 30 days.
- The men who attacked Istanbul's main airport on Tuesday, killing 44 people, were from Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
- Adnan Syed, whose murder conviction was a subject of the "Serial" podcast, is getting a new trial.
- Tesla's Autopilot system is under investigation after it was linked to the first known self-driving car death in the U.S.