1. At least 50 marched in Ukraine’s first gay rights rally in Kiev Saturday.
GayPride Kiev succesvol verlopen. Helaas wel zware beveiliging nodig. #LHBT Foto met dank aan @MarijeC
2. A court ban and anti-gay demonstrators unsuccessfully attempted to disrupt the rally.
Peaceful Kiev Pride in #Ukraine, police prevents attacks on #LGBT marchers incl @hrw’s Boris Dittrich and @anna_kirey
3. Riot guards were on hand to ensure the attendees were safe.
This was needed to keep Kiev Pride 2013 peaceful. #LGBT #Ukraine @geertjanhahn @anna_kirey
4. Demonstrators called for an end to discrimination based on sexual orientation and derogatory stereotypes.
@sia_vlasova’s great pic from #kyiv’s first ever gay pride. more to follow. #ukraine
5. Here’s video from the event.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure 1st-time marchers stick around ✊
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- The Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again after crushing the Steelers. They'll play the Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈