1. At least 50 marched in Ukraine’s first gay rights rally in Kiev Saturday.
GayPride Kiev succesvol verlopen. Helaas wel zware beveiliging nodig. #LHBT Foto met dank aan @MarijeC
2. A court ban and anti-gay demonstrators unsuccessfully attempted to disrupt the rally.
Peaceful Kiev Pride in #Ukraine, police prevents attacks on #LGBT marchers incl @hrw’s Boris Dittrich and @anna_kirey
3. Riot guards were on hand to ensure the attendees were safe.
This was needed to keep Kiev Pride 2013 peaceful. #LGBT #Ukraine @geertjanhahn @anna_kirey
4. Demonstrators called for an end to discrimination based on sexual orientation and derogatory stereotypes.
@sia_vlasova’s great pic from #kyiv’s first ever gay pride. more to follow. #ukraine
5. Here’s video from the event.
- The judge who sentenced former Stanford swimmer Brock Turner for sexual assault will no longer hear criminal cases.
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 250 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.