1. Demonstrators in Istanbul protested against the cutting down of trees in Taksim Square on Tuesday.
2. Things eventually escalated.
3. And riot police used pepper spray to disperse the crowd.
5. Riot police were able to clear the area and construction workers resumed work later in the afternoon.
6. Until masked protestors returned and began throwing stones at construction equipment.
8. The board member also said he hopes construction ends immediately and trees would be replanted in place of the trees that have already been removed.
- The public's mistrust of Trump might be especially dangerous in a catastrophe rooted in science — like an asteroid or the next Ebola.
- Thousands of people hit the streets on Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.