1. Demonstrators in Istanbul protested against the cutting down of trees in Taksim Square on Tuesday.
2. Things eventually escalated.
3. And riot police used pepper spray to disperse the crowd.
5. Riot police were able to clear the area and construction workers resumed work later in the afternoon.
6. Until masked protestors returned and began throwing stones at construction equipment.
8. The board member also said he hopes construction ends immediately and trees would be replanted in place of the trees that have already been removed.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump used a visit to CIA headquarters to attack his critics.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.