1. “It’s Britney Spears!”
Yes. Yes it is. She emerged from a futuristic egg from the sky and performed “Work B**ch” and it was amazing.
2. “She’s dancing! She’s really dancing!”
Yes, Britney was dancing like it was 2003 all over again. It was truly a sight to behold.
4. “She’s not really singing, though…”
There were many parts in the show where, unfortunately, the vocals did sound exactly like the vocals from her albums, which all true Britney fans know because we’ve all listened to them a million times. So there’s that. But it’s like, you don’t really go to a Britney show to hear her sing, right? It’s almost like she’s the only one who can get away with it because she’s a living legend and American icon.
5. “Holy shit, she’s an angel!”
Both in everyday life and when she performed “Everytime” while wearing large wings and a long flowing dress, Britney Jean Spears is an angel.
6. “I’m going to go tell her I can’t see. I’m not letting her ruin it.” *steps over seats and tells a girl to put her camera down*
A girl sitting in front of us had her camera up the entire beginning of the show and it was blocking the view a little bit. Britney had just finished performing “Everytime” and emerged from behind her dancers dressed as a goth to perform a completely unexpected and bonkers goth medley of “…Baby One More Time”/”Oops!…I Did It Again.” It was so good, and if someone is blocking your view when you are seeing it, it is your right as an American to ask them to kindly put their camera down.
8. *Singing along to every word of “Piece of Me”*
There’s singing along during a concert, then there’s SINGING ALONG IN A CONCERT. You’d expect it during “…Baby One More Time” and “Toxic,” but “Piece of Me”? Not as much. “Piece of Me” is a new Britney classic.
9. “She’s singing!”
There were definitely parts where it sounded like she was singing live, and that gave all of us in the audience life.
10. As “Freakshow” plays: “Is this off her new album?”
OH MY GOSH ARE YOU SERIOUS HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT YOU CAME TO OPENING NIGHT OF “BRITNEY: PIECE OF ME” AND YOU DON’T KNOW EVERY SONG SHE’S EVER DONE? *takes deep breath* OK, so I overheard this during “Freakshow” which is actually from Blackout. It was one of only two songs used during the show that wasn’t released as a single. The other was “Get Naked (I Got a Plan),” also from Blackout. If you come to opening night, you should be well-versed in Britney’s deep cuts.
11. “Is that Mario Lopez?”
Yes. During “Freakshow,” she plucked him from the audience and strapped him into bondage gear and danced about. Mario Lopez probably won’t be doing it every night, so maybe it could be you one night in the future.
12. “I’m going to cry.”
Same. Britney’s slowed-down version of “Lucky” was actually really emotional. When she released it in 2000, it was just a fun song about a fictional actress who had everything she could ever want, but still wasn’t happy. In hindsight, “Lucky” was prophetic. There was something really touching about watching her perform it after all she’s been through. Bravo, Britney.
14. “It worked!”
During “Toxic,” there’s a part where Britney jumps off a tree. If you watched the E! special I Am Britney Jean, you’ll know there was some concern during rehearsals that if the tree didn’t rotate fast enough, she’d hit it after coming back on her bungee cords. Luckily for all of us, the tree rotated fast enough and Britney didn’t bonk herself.
16. “This remix is so good!”
The second-to-last song was “(You Drive Me) Crazy,” and yes, the remix was especially good. Everyone was very pleased with it.
17. “How must Ke$ha feel knowing she co-wrote the song that closes out Britney’s Las Vegas show?”
She should feel pretty good about herself. Britney has hits that stretch across three decades, and as you’re watching the show, you’re amazed at how she’s just blowing through them all and wonder what she even has left. She has “Till the World Ends,” that’s what she has. And everyone is doing the “whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh ohhhh ohhhh” parts with her. Feel good about yourself, Ke$ha. You helped write the song Britney closes out her Las Vegas residency with. Not many people can say that. (Also, yes, that’s Miley dancing in the front row.)
18. “She looks so good. I’m so proud of her.”
She did look very good, didn’t she? Well done, Britney, you put on a very good show. 10/10 would see again.
19. See also: How Britney Spears Could Change Las Vegas Forever
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎