1. Steve Jobs’ childhood home in Los Altos, Calif., will be considered for special designation by the Los Altos Historical Society Monday.
2. The home is where Jobs built the first Apple computer, the Apple I. Five hundred Apple I models were made and sold from the home for $500.
4. “Apple computers, a small operation started by a couple of teenagers, has grown today to become one of the most valuable American company (sic),” the document reads.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.