3. 41% of college graduates say their job doesn’t even require a college degree.
Four out of 10 college grads say they don’t need a degree for the job they’re doing, according to an August Gallup poll. Overall, 57% of all U.S. workers say their job doesn’t require a college degree.
10. Half don’t think Social Security will exist by the time they retire.
Not only do 50% of 18- to 29-year-olds not think Social Security will exist by the time they’re 67, 52% say they don’t save for their retirement now because they’re too concerned with their current financial situation, according to a St. Norbert College Strategic Research Institute study.
11. The percentage of parents who think their children’s standard of living will be better than theirs has gone down.
Parents are still more likely to say they believe their children’s standard of living will be better than theirs, but they’re much more pessimistic.
- The Democratic National Convention starts Monday and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴