3. 41% of college graduates say their job doesn’t even require a college degree.
Four out of 10 college grads say they don’t need a degree for the job they’re doing, according to an August Gallup poll. Overall, 57% of all U.S. workers say their job doesn’t require a college degree.
10. Half don’t think Social Security will exist by the time they retire.
Not only do 50% of 18- to 29-year-olds not think Social Security will exist by the time they’re 67, 52% say they don’t save for their retirement now because they’re too concerned with their current financial situation, according to a St. Norbert College Strategic Research Institute study.
11. The percentage of parents who think their children’s standard of living will be better than theirs has gone down.
Parents are still more likely to say they believe their children’s standard of living will be better than theirs, but they’re much more pessimistic.
- President Trump laid out an ambitious agenda in his speech to Congress, but Republicans are still divided on how to pass that agenda.
- The FBI is investigating if bomb threats against Jewish centers came from an internet "troll" and are profiling a lone, young, tech-savvy person.
- Facebook is using artificial intelligence for suicide prevention, scanning feeds for signs of people at risk of self-harm, then offering resources for help.
- Uber's CEO said he's "seeking leadership help" after dash-cam footage was published of him aggressively arguing with a company driver 😳