2. From The New York Times:
For the past week, Mr. Snowden, 30, appears to have been staying in an apartment in Hong Kong’s Western District that is controlled by the Hong Kong government’s security branch, according to a person who has followed the case and spoke on the condition of anonymity. Mr. Snowden appears to have been granted access to the apartment after seeking protection from the Hong Kong police against a possible rendition attempt by the United States, the person said.
3. The State Department confirmed Saturday they have asked Hong Kong to extradite Snowden so he may face espionage and theft charges in the U.S.
- A judge has declared a mistrial in the case of a South Carolina officer who fatally shot Walter Scott, an unarmed black man, in 2015.
- At least 36 people died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are nowhere close to finding a cause.
- Amazon is opening a grocery store in Seattle that will allow shoppers to walk in and walk out — without pulling out their wallets 👀🍎
- People are cringing (and laughing) at this Forever 21 necklace they think is taking the choker trend too far 😬