1. The Olympic torch was taken on a spacewalk for the first time Saturday by Russian cosmonauts.
2. It was was launched into space from a Russian-operated cosmodrome in Kazakhstan and taken to the International Space Station Thursday. It was not lit.
3. The trip was the first time an Olympic torch was taken into space. The torch for the Atlanta Summer Games was, however, taken aboard the U.S. space shuttle Atlantis in 1996.
4. The International Space Station orbits about 260 miles above Earth.
5. The Sochi Olympic torch began its relay on Oct. 4. It will travel about 39,000 miles.
6. The torch will return to Earth Monday.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪