1. At least 12 were shot at a Mother’s Day parade in New Orleans Sunday, according to WWLTV.
Chief Ronal Serpas is on the scene. We’re hearing an alarming number of people were shot. Awaiting confirmation.
NOPD investigates shooting at mother’s day second line on Elysian Fields and Villere. Multiple people shot
NOPD Chief Serpas says at least 12 people shot—none fatal in shooting at N Villere and Frenchmen. 3 in surgery.@wdsu
Source says University Hosp is treating 11 victims in 7th Ward shooting. Friends, family are gathered outside the ER. http://t.co/GcK4yo0Nfe
6. New Orleans police said they’re looking for three suspects who fled on foot.
UPDATE: NOPD searching for three suspects in #mothersdayshooting. Fled on foot from where hundreds gathered for a second line parade
7. NOPD Superintendent Ronald Serpas told the New Orleans Times-Picayune two weapons were used and they believe the three suspects worked together.
9. UPDATE — May 12, 2013, 8:24 p.m. EDT: AP reporting at least 19 people were hurt during the shooting, including two children.
The victims included 10 men, seven women, a boy and a girl. The children, both 10 years old, were grazed and in good condition.
10. UPDATE — May 13, 2013, 7:51 a.m. EDT: The New Orleans Police Department has released video of one of the suspects.
- It's the third day of the Democratic National Convention. Here's where things stand 🇺🇸