1. The Bay Bridge — San Francisco’s lesser-known bridge — got a 1.8-mile-long, 50-foot-high “light sculpture” Tuesday night.
2. The display includes 25,000 LED lights and will be up for at least two years, according to a statement.
3. The lights cost $4.25 an hour to operate and were funded entirely by private donations.
4. California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom, former San Francisco mayor, said he liked the lights.
One of the coolest projects the Bay Area has supported. Bay Bridge Lights: An LED Art Installation http://t.co/wTNraVaeHW Watch tonight 9 pm— Gavin Newsom
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the controversial Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines.
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.