1. Update: Bruno Mars confirmed on Twitter that he will be performing at the Super Bowl halftime show.
WE’RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!! #PepsiSBHalftime
Bruno Mars is expected to perform at the 2014 Super Bowl halftime show, a source familiar with the NFL’s entertainment plans told the Associated Press. The official announcement is expected to be made Sunday in Times Square in New York City.
Super Bowl XLVIII will be held Feb. 2, 2014 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. It will be the first Super Bowl played in the New York City metropolitan area.
Bruno Mars has five No. 1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100: “Just The Way You Are,” “Grenade,” “Nothin’ On You” with B.o.B., “Locked Out Of Heaven,” and his most recent, “When I Was Your Man.” His second album, Unorthodox Jukebox, was released in December and is certified platinum by the RIAA.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- At least 13 people were killed and 31 others injured when a tour bus crashed into a semi-trailer near Palm Springs, California Sunday.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.