1. Oprah spoke at the Let Freedom Ring ceremony at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., Wednesday commemorating the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have A Dream Speech.”
2. Other speakers included President Obama, President Clinton, President Carter and Martin Luther King III.
3. Oprah said she was 9 years old when the March on Washington occurred and she asked her mom if she could go. “Took me 50 years, but I’m here,” she said.
“King believed that our destinies are all intertwined, and he knew that our hopes and our dreams are really all the same. He challenged us to see how we all are more alike than we are different. So as the bells of freedom ring today, we’re hoping that it’s a time for all of us to reflect on not only the progress that has been made, and we’ve made a lot, but on what we have accomplished and also on the work that still remains before us”
6. Here’s video of Oprah’s remarks:
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘