1. Oprah spoke at the Let Freedom Ring ceremony at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., Wednesday commemorating the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have A Dream Speech.”
2. Other speakers included President Obama, President Clinton, President Carter and Martin Luther King III.
3. Oprah said she was 9 years old when the March on Washington occurred and she asked her mom if she could go. “Took me 50 years, but I’m here,” she said.
“King believed that our destinies are all intertwined, and he knew that our hopes and our dreams are really all the same. He challenged us to see how we all are more alike than we are different. So as the bells of freedom ring today, we’re hoping that it’s a time for all of us to reflect on not only the progress that has been made, and we’ve made a lot, but on what we have accomplished and also on the work that still remains before us”
6. Here’s video of Oprah’s remarks:
- Ivanka Trump was booed and hissed at when talking about her father's support for women and families at the W20 Summit in Berlin.
- Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn didn't properly discloser payments he received from Russia to the US government.
- Some Republicans are pushing their party to re-think climate change, after seeing its effect in the areas they represent.
- There's a good chance that you've handed over your personal information if you've ever downloaded a free app 🕵