1. President Obama visited New York City’s Brooklyn borough on Friday.
2. Folks were pretty excited.
Barclays Center sign with Obama in Brooklyn
4. He traveled there in Marine One, which landed in Prospect Park.
5. Obama spoke at Pathways in Technology Early College High School, a school he had mentioned in his State of the Union address.
6. The president said he wanted to lower the cost of college, provide all students with high-speed Internet, and allow every four-year-old child in America to attend preschool.
7. He also said Brooklyn was cool.
“I know Brooklyn in general is blowing up right now. When I was living here, Brooklyn was cool, but not this cool.”
8. He toured the campus.
9. Later, the president went to Junior’s with New York City Democratic mayoral candidate Bill de Blasio.
10. They hugged children.
11. Signed pumpkins.
12. And were generally having an enjoyable time.
13. The end.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm is offering full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏