1. The MSNBC Twitter account tweeted a link to a story about a Cheerios Super Bowl commercial featuring a biracial family Wednesday, saying “maybe the rightwing will hate it.”
4. On MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry Show in December, the panel joked about Mitt Romney’s adopted grandson, who is black.
5. Harris-Perry apologized a week later on her show for the segment, saying:
“Showing the photo in that context, that segment, was poor judgment. so without reservation or qualification, I apologize to the Romney family. Adults who enter into public life, implicitly consent to having less privacy, but their families, especially their children, should not be treated callously or thoughtlessly. My intention was not malicious, but I broke the ground rule that families are off-limits. For that I am sorry.”
- The Democratic National Convention kicks off Monday and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴