1. The MSNBC Twitter account tweeted a link to a story about a Cheerios Super Bowl commercial featuring a biracial family Wednesday, saying “maybe the rightwing will hate it.”
4. On MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry Show in December, the panel joked about Mitt Romney’s adopted grandson, who is black.
5. Harris-Perry apologized a week later on her show for the segment, saying:
“Showing the photo in that context, that segment, was poor judgment. so without reservation or qualification, I apologize to the Romney family. Adults who enter into public life, implicitly consent to having less privacy, but their families, especially their children, should not be treated callously or thoughtlessly. My intention was not malicious, but I broke the ground rule that families are off-limits. For that I am sorry.”
- An American-Israeli teen has been arrested in Israel for bomb threats to Jewish community centers in the US, says the FBI.
- Republicans worked into the morning trying to finalize a deal that would allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- Democrats will try to filibuster Trump's Supreme Court pick, Judge Neil Gorsuch, setting the stage for Republicans to possibly eliminate the filibuster altogether.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.