1. Alex Band, lead singer of The Calling, known for its 2001 hit “Wherever You Will Go,” claims he was abducted and beaten Monday.
2. The Calling was performing at the Lapeer Days festival in Lapeer, Mich., 50 miles north of Detroit.
4. He said the men stole $1,200 and were going to kill him until he told them he was a father. Band told ABC:
They started ripping everything out of my pockets and said take everything out. They stole my wallet and credit cards and my ID. They took my phone. He held the gun to my forehead and held me out of the door like that and that’s when I said I just found out a few weeks ago that I’m going to be a dad … Then the guy said it’s your lucky day. Kicked me out of the car and they drove off.
6. In a statement, police said the incident in under investigation.
The victim, a member of the band ‘The Calling,’ reported being forced into a blue colored minivan-style vehicle between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m. by two male subjects. The victim reported being assaulted, robbed and dropped off on another street within the city of Lapeer.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a river near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- An armed man was arrested Sunday near a pizza spot named in a Hillary Clinton conspiracy theory. Here's how "Pizzagate" was spread.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 33. "We're expecting the worst and hoping for the best," officials said Sunday.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏