1. BibiloTech in Bexar County, Texas, is the nation’s only bookless public library.
2. Instead of books, the $2.3 million facility only has computers and tablets.
3. The library has a 10,000-title digital collection.
4. And civic leaders from across the country and around the world have visited the library, hoping to replicate the facility in their municipalities.
5. Mary Grahm, vice president of South Carolina’s Charleston Metro Chamber, told the Associated Press:
“I told our people that you need to take a look at this. This is the future. If you’re going to be building new library facilities, this is what you need to be doing.”
6. According to U.S. Census data, San Antonio, the Bexar County seat, ranks 60th in literacy.
7. The library opened in September, and is expected to surpass 100,000 visitors in its first year.
- President Trump is ordering a review of all of America's national monuments that were created in the past two decades.
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔