1. The 1998 edition of the Scholastic Beanie Baby Handbook listed the original price of Beanie Babies when they were first released, how much they sold for in 1998, and their estimated price in 2008.
2. Beanie Babies were supposed to be a good investment. From page 27 of the book:
Basically, if you can afford to do this, simply putting away five or ten of each and every new Beanie Baby in super mint condition isn’t a bad idea.
9. There were also some super cool historic photos of a Beanie Baby with President Bill Clinton and Vice President Al Gore. Neat.
Read more about the 1998 Beanie Baby handbook here.
- The Democratic National Committee on Monday apologized for remarks sent over email criticizing the Bernie Sanders campaign 🇺🇸
- At least 19 people died and dozens others were injured in a knife attack at a facility for the disabled near Tokyo, Japan.
- The Solar Impulse 2 completed its first round-the-world flight after landing in Abu Dhabi ☀️