1. The 1998 edition of the Scholastic Beanie Baby Handbook listed the original price of Beanie Babies when they were first released, how much they sold for in 1998, and their estimated price in 2008.
2. Beanie Babies were supposed to be a good investment. From page 27 of the book:
Basically, if you can afford to do this, simply putting away five or ten of each and every new Beanie Baby in super mint condition isn’t a bad idea.
9. There were also some super cool historic photos of a Beanie Baby with President Bill Clinton and Vice President Al Gore. Neat.
Read more about the 1998 Beanie Baby handbook here.
- Athletes probably won't break records at the Rio Olympics. Scientists say most top performers have reached the limits of human biology.
- Bernie Sanders' former press secretary says she experienced repeated incidents of racism from other staff while on the campaign trail.
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.