1. The 1998 edition of the Scholastic Beanie Baby Handbook listed the original price of Beanie Babies when they were first released, how much they sold for in 1998, and their estimated price in 2008.
2. Beanie Babies were supposed to be a good investment. From page 27 of the book:
Basically, if you can afford to do this, simply putting away five or ten of each and every new Beanie Baby in super mint condition isn’t a bad idea.
9. There were also some super cool historic photos of a Beanie Baby with President Bill Clinton and Vice President Al Gore. Neat.
Read more about the 1998 Beanie Baby handbook here.
- The judge who sentenced former Stanford swimmer Brock Turner for sexual assault will no longer hear criminal cases.
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 250 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.