1. Alright, so maybe Madonna didn’t sell as many albums or have as many songs on the radio as other artists…
2. But she’s still a legend, and tons of stuff this year proves that.
3. Like her tour. She had the top-grossing tour of 2012.
4. Every other artist you can think of? They were No. 2 or lower.
5. And Madonna was No. 1.
6. More than a million people saw her in concert.
8. She also vogued in the middle of the biggest football game of the year.
10. The football game is called the Super Bowl. But it had a huge Madonna concert in the middle of it.
11. And it was the most-watched Super Bowl ever. Do you think that would have happened without Madonna? No.
12. She put on a great show. It started when she was carried in by a bunch of buff men on a big golden throne.
13. And she showed Nicki Minaj and MIA how it was done.
17. She also landed her eighth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 this year.
21. Deal with it.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰