1. To promote the film “Oz The Great And Powerful,” Disney planned to fly a hot air balloon over New York City.
2. Things started out good…
We’re up! #DisneyOz http://t.co/UDWKfQfFCO— Sam Champion
3. But then the balloon never got out of Central Park.
4. Because it was too windy and the balloon was blown back into Central Park where it ripped.
The balloon I was supposed to go in had some wind trouble - came down on a Central Park fountain and ripped. http://t.co/ILVf6mccGa— Roger Clark
I seriously have never seen a hot air balloon land on a fountain and rip…until just now.— Roger Clark
@jenchung nope, there is a six foot hole in it. It’s done for the day.— Roger Clark
8. The balloon only made it 10 to 20 feet in the air before it was blown down, according to Gothamist
9. Luckily, no one was injured, and the balloon is scheduled to be in New York City another day, according to Disney.
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻