1. President Obama spoke at Camp Pendleton, the U.S. Marine Corp base north of San Diego, Wednesday. MSNBC and CNN covered his speech, but Fox News was talking about the Powerball jackpot.
2. Fox’s Shepard Smith did, however, mention Obama’s speech, show a few seconds of it with very low audio, and told viewers they could watch it on FoxNews.com if they wanted, but that was it.
3. Obama spoke about sexual assault in the military and budget cuts. The Powerball jackpot has hit $425 million.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.