1. Dennis Rodman arrived at the Beijing International Airport Friday after a five-day meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un.
2. In May, Rodman said he would go to North Korea and convince Jong-Un to release Kenneth Bae, an American missionary being detained.
I’m calling on the Supreme Leader of North Korea or as I call him “Kim”, to do me a solid and cut Kenneth Bae loose.
3. But prior to his most recent visit, Rodman said he would not be negotiating Bae’s release, and was instead going on a “basketball diplomacy tour.”
4. Reporters in Beijing asked Rodman why he changed his mind.
6. Here’s video from his arrival:
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪