1. A bunch of celebrities attended a campaign event for spiritual guru-turned-U.S. House candidate Marianne Williamson Tuesday at the Kayne Griffin Corcoran Gallery in Los Angeles.
2. Williamson, the author of four New York Times No. 1 bestsellers, is running to replace Rep. Henry Waxman, who announced he was not seeking reelection after 40 years in the House of Representatives.
3. Katy Perry was there with some very green hair.
4. And some Kardashians were also in attendance.
5. Kim Kardashian posted photos on Instagram and said she found the night “very inspiring.”
7. Ileana Wachtel, a campaign spokeswoman, said:
“Marianne’s really been an advocate for young woman, and these are Hollywood influencers. She’s bringing those kinds of women and influencers out who usually aren’t politically active to become politically engaged.”
8. Williamson is running as an independent in a district that includes Bel-Air, Beverly Hills, Calabasas and Malibu. Her campaign has raised nearly $1 million by March 31, her spokeswoman said.
- Indiana votes on Tuesday, and it could be Ted Cruz's last big chance to end Trump's winning streak in the U.S. presidential race 🇺🇸
- A judge in Brazil has ordered WhatsApp blocked for 72 hours over the messaging service's recently encrypted data ❌📲
- Leicester City won England's Premier League football championship for the first time, capping off a fairy-tale season that will go down in history ⚽️