1. This is Paris Brown, a 17-year-old British youth who was named Britain’s first youth police commissioner.
2. She was really sad the other day because people saw some of her tweets that she wasn’t proud of.
4. And that was really exciting at first.
@vilulabelle what Paris in the metro yeah http://t.co/SDu3DQXpKM— Dylan Shane-Anthony
6. And people were upset.
Of this is what is supposed to represent the youth of today!! We’re screwed. @vilulabelle #vilulabelle via @MetroUK http://t.co/c6bmQKhuCsâ€— Sid Ahmed
10. Kent police and crime commissioner Ann Barnes admitted no one looked at her tweets before she was hired.
11. Following the controversy, Paris deleted her Twitter account.
Paris Brown shut down her Twitter account (@vilulabelle). Don’t think this is how you handle Social Media crisis. Has she had any training?— Jo Darby
12. Here she is apologizing.
- At least 41 people have died in a suicide bombing attack on Istanbul's international airport, Turkish officials said.
- Brexit fallout: Leaders of the remaining European Union states will call for the UK's withdrawal to happen in an "orderly fashion" and quickly.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸