1. Jay Z and Beyoncé attended the Trayvon Martin rally in New York City Saturday where Al Sharpton and Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton spoke.
Reverend Al Sharpton
Beyonce and Jay Z with Sybrina Fulton & me at the #100CityTrayvon vigil
2. Sharpton said the couple wasn’t there to speak or for a photo op, but to show their support.
Beyonce and Jay Z here to show support
3. Here, Al Sharpton meets with them before he spoke.
4. And here they are bowing their heads during a prayer.
5. The New York City rally was one of 100 the National Action Network organized across the country.
- Hillary Clinton accepted the Democratic party's presidential nomination, and had some fiery words for Donald Trump 🇺🇸
- A federal court struck down North Carolina's voting restrictions, ruling they intentionally made it harder for black people to vote.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.