2. Some of the protesters showed their support for Edward Snowden, who brought the NSA’s programs to light through stories published in The Guardian and The Washington Post.
Thank you Edward Snowden. #1984day
3. In Los Angeles, you could even buy Edward Snowden shirts.
Snowden tees at today’s #1984Day protest! #Restorethe4th
4. Protest organizers said they hoped the demonstrations would send a message to leaders in Congress “that to earn our trust they must restore the Fourth Amendment” and pass legislation ending the NSA’s surveillance programs.
Sign held up in SF while a speaker reads the 4th Amendment text. #Restorethe4th
5. The Fourth Amendment protects citizens from unreasonable search and seizure.
Restore the 4th amendment! #1984day #NYC
Amazing signs present for today’s #1984Day rally! #Restorethe4th
- #Brexit fallout: Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn says he will not step down after more than 10 cabinet members resigned on Sunday.
- Several people were stabbed during a white nationalist protest in Sacramento.
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.