2. Some of the protesters showed their support for Edward Snowden, who brought the NSA’s programs to light through stories published in The Guardian and The Washington Post.
Thank you Edward Snowden. #1984day
3. In Los Angeles, you could even buy Edward Snowden shirts.
Snowden tees at today’s #1984Day protest! #Restorethe4th
4. Protest organizers said they hoped the demonstrations would send a message to leaders in Congress “that to earn our trust they must restore the Fourth Amendment” and pass legislation ending the NSA’s surveillance programs.
Sign held up in SF while a speaker reads the 4th Amendment text. #Restorethe4th
5. The Fourth Amendment protects citizens from unreasonable search and seizure.
Restore the 4th amendment! #1984day #NYC
Amazing signs present for today’s #1984Day rally! #Restorethe4th
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀