1. A Pew Research poll found that 47% of respondents were more concerned that the government’s anti-terrorism policies have gone too far in restricting the average person’s civil liberties, while only 35% were concerned they didn’t go far enough.
The 1.5 million-square-foot National Security Administration’s Data Center in Bluffdale, Utah, which houses super-powered computers designed to store massive amounts of information gathered secretly from phone calls and emails.
5. Read more: Few See Adequate Limits on NSA Surveillance Program
- Rick Perry, who previously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, is now saying at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸