1. A Pew Research poll found that 47% of respondents were more concerned that the government’s anti-terrorism policies have gone too far in restricting the average person’s civil liberties, while only 35% were concerned they didn’t go far enough.
The 1.5 million-square-foot National Security Administration’s Data Center in Bluffdale, Utah, which houses super-powered computers designed to store massive amounts of information gathered secretly from phone calls and emails.
5. Read more: Few See Adequate Limits on NSA Surveillance Program
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀