2. The suspect, Alexander Herrera, 23, of Arizona, made “unusual statements” before attempting to open the door, and was put into a choke hold by another passenger.
#BREAKINGNEWS - Jail booking photo of Alexander M. Herrera, 23, charged with interfering with a flight crew @KOINNews
3. Flight attendants used shoelaces to restrain Herrera and he was then placed in a seat that was “surrounded by big guys.”
#BREAKING: Photo from a passenger on @AlaskaAir Flight 132 after a man tried to open a door mid-flight. @KOINNews
4. Herrera was brought to a Portland jail and faces a charge of interfering with a flight crew. His father told a reporter he was stunned by the arrest.
“I gotta face reality thatâ€™s my son and heâ€™s in trouble,” says father of Alexander Herrera. FBI says 23-year old tried to open plane door.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- At least 59 people were killed in an overnight militant attack at a police center in Quetta, Pakistani officials say.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏