1. Julia Charlene Merfeld was videotaped soliciting an undercover police officer to murder her husband.
3. At a later meeting she brought a map of her house. Merfeld planned to pay for the murder from her husband’s $400,000 life insurance policy.
4. She said she wanted it to happen on a Thursday when she worked. “The more shocked I am when it happens, the better. I just want to make it as non-suspicious as possible.”
5. “As terrible as it sounds, it was easier then divorcing him. You know, I don’t have to worry about the judgment of my family. I don’t have to worry about breaking his heart,” she said.
6. Merfeld pled guilty in June to solicitation of murder. Her husband has requested she not be jailed.
7. Watch the video here.
- Thousands have made it to the Women's March on Washington to stand up for women's rights and protest Donald Trump.
- Crowds for the Women's March in Washington, DC, are turning out to be much larger than for the inauguration so far.
- People are participating in the Women's March today all the way in Antarctica, surrounded by penguins ❄️
- "We shall overcomb." People across America are getting creative and making some pretty epic signs for the Women's March.