1. A 42-inch steel pendulum on the campus of Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan, has been removed for “safety reasons” after a bunch of bros did the Miley Cyrus “Wrecking Ball” on it naked.
5. Tim Thimmesch, head of facilities at GVSU, told Fox 17 no decision has been made about whether to put the pendulum back, and refused to say if the Vines were the reason the pendulum was removed. A student protest is planned for Tuesday evening.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.