1. A 42-inch steel pendulum on the campus of Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan, has been removed for “safety reasons” after a bunch of bros did the Miley Cyrus “Wrecking Ball” on it naked.
5. Tim Thimmesch, head of facilities at GVSU, told Fox 17 no decision has been made about whether to put the pendulum back, and refused to say if the Vines were the reason the pendulum was removed. A student protest is planned for Tuesday evening.
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Inside the final days of the FARC, Colombia's 50-year-old rebel group, which is on the verge of signing a peace treaty with the government.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.