1. Tony Abbott won Australia’s election Saturday to become the country’s third prime minister in four months.
2. During his victory celebration, this unidentified man got up on the stage.
3. And he shook Prime Minister-designate Abbott’s hand.
4. While Abbott’s family looked on, confused.
5. Security tried to get the man down off the stage.
6. But he refused and security came up and got him.
7. Abbott won the election in a landslide, defeating the Labor government which has ruled the past six years and has failed “to maximize the benefits of a now fading mining boom,” according to Reuters.
8. Abbott is leader of the Liberal Party, Australia’s center-right party.
9. That might confuse Americans since “liberal” here means the exact opposite.
10. But Australia also has summer when America has winter, so they do things opposite sometimes, and that’s OK.
11. Here’s video of the incident.
- Charlotte police will release video of Keith Lamont Scott's death today, the police chief says.
- Gennifer Flowers, the former model who had an extramarital affair with Bill Clinton in the 1980s agrees to join Trump at the presidential debate.
- The National Museum of African American History and Culture has officially opened in Washington, DC.