1. Tony Abbott won Australia’s election Saturday to become the country’s third prime minister in four months.
2. During his victory celebration, this unidentified man got up on the stage.
3. And he shook Prime Minister-designate Abbott’s hand.
4. While Abbott’s family looked on, confused.
5. Security tried to get the man down off the stage.
6. But he refused and security came up and got him.
7. Abbott won the election in a landslide, defeating the Labor government which has ruled the past six years and has failed “to maximize the benefits of a now fading mining boom,” according to Reuters.
8. Abbott is leader of the Liberal Party, Australia’s center-right party.
9. That might confuse Americans since “liberal” here means the exact opposite.
10. But Australia also has summer when America has winter, so they do things opposite sometimes, and that’s OK.
11. Here’s video of the incident.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎